Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stuffed Peppers, Ben style

I'm posting this for Jen, my partner in crime for anything bizarre sounding. I know she'll go with me down this road and at least try it:) Turns out last week, I had a few peppers (they were on sale) and didn't quite know what to stuff them with... I got a little adventurous and it turns out to be Ben's (literally) favorite meal of all time... weird. So, give it a try, if you trust Ben:)

Bell Peppers
Rice A Roni (we just happened to have Parmesan Chicken flavor)
1/2 lb. sausage, crumbled and browned
1 onion, chopped
1 can of corn, drained
shredded cheese (we used mexican blend)

Cut stem out of bell peppers and remove seeds. Brown sausage in a skillet. Add onions and cook until tender. Drain sausage and onions. Prepare rice a roni according to instructions. In a bowl combine sausage, onion, corn and rice. Stuff into peppers and top with shredded cheese. Bake 10 minutes in 350* oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment