Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crockery Pot Taco Casserole

Once again I don't have a picture of this one, because I am not used to posting my recipes on the blog. Jamie I hope you are proud of me for finally posting some recipes. It sure has taken me long enough!

I have started to make more crock pot meals, #1 because it is hot hear in Vegas and #2 because they work really nicely since our church doesn't start until 2:00. I don't think we would ever eat dinner on Sunday by the time we get home at 5:30 if I didn't throw something in the crockpot on Sunday morning.

1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 med. onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. green pepper, chopped
2 drops Tabasco sauce
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
1 tsp. chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
2 cans chili with beans (16 oz)
3/4 lb. grated cheese
Tortilla chips (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups)

Brown ground meat and drain. Add onion, garlic and pepper and cook until transparent. Add remaining Tabasco, tomato, sauce, and chili powder. Grease crock pot and layer in 5 layers beginning with meat mixture, tortilla chips, corn, chili, and grated cheese. cover and cook 6 to 8 hours on low.

To grease the crock pot I just used PAM. Never heard of that before, but I guess it helped to keep it from sticking. I also just used a can of corn, instead of frozen. It turned out really yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Rach- I am SOO excited you are posting stuff:) Your recipes look awesome! Can't wait! You have been a busy little cook lately, I think Casey owes you a night out:)

    ReplyDelete