Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks

This is something that I schemed while being creative one day. A little of this, a little of that, and wa-la! And it is a hit with my family. These don't last long. They go great with Italian food, or any hot soup. I have yet to try it with whole wheat, but if I did I would kneed for 10 minutes before rolling out on cookie sheet.

4 cups warm water
6 T. sugar
3 T. yeast
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup potato flakes
4 tsp. salt
3 T. minced garlic
1 cup Parmesan cheese
bread flour or all-purpose flour (bread flour works best)
1 cube butter (no substitutes, well I guess you could, it just wouldn't be as yummy)

Add first seven ingredients to mixing bowl. Add about 3 or 4 cups of the flour and mix until smooth. Let set one minute. Add more flour until it pulls away from sides of bowl and is soft and spongy. Roll out on a heavily buttered cookie sheet to fit. Using a pizza cutter, cut to desired breadstick size. No need to worry if you can't get the edges. They will pull apart easy enough after baked. Bake 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes until light golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment