Sunday, January 5, 2014

Split Pea Soup

Just realized I have a ton of recipes in my email from years and years of asking people for a recipe I tried and loved. (OR in this case, a recipe Ben LOVES and requests every 6 months or so!) I thought it would be nice for all of us to have some of the Pieper family favorites, most especially:) So, feel free to add some of the recipes you have from growing up, or just your "go to's!" I need to change it up a bit (again...)

  • 2 1/4 cups split peas
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 2-3 carrots, diced
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • Ham hock
  • 2 quarts water
  • Bring ingredients to boil. Place lid on and simmer on low for 11/2 hours
I actually threw these in the crockpot today before church on LOW (6 hrs) with a ham hock and it's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment