Sunday, March 27, 2011

Curry Chicken Salad

This salad is SOOOO good! It'll definitely be part of our permanent collection. I found it in a booklet from an enrichment night and adapted it to our family's likings...

2-3 cups cooked, chopped chicken (leftover rotisserie works great), otherwise season with garlic, lemon pepper, sea salt

4 cups cooked brown rice (I left this on the side and made mine over lettuce)

2 cups diced celery

1 can mandarin oranges, drained

1 can pineapple tidbits, drained (I left this off... seemed like a little too much)

1/2 c. chopped green onion

1/2 c. slivered almonds (I get the caesar flavored ones in the produce section at the store)

1/2 c. craisins

Dressing:
1 c. mayo (I use the fat free or just another cup of nonfat yogurt)

1 c. nonfat plain yogurt

1 Tbsp. soy sauce (reduced sodium, of course)!

2 tsp. curry powder

1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice

Lettuce (I use a dark baby green mix from costco that we LOVE and it's cheap, but I think any dark green would work well).

Mix dressing ingredients. Toss with salad ingredients (with lettuce or rice...) chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment